Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- SparkFun Qwiic Twist RGB Rotary Encoder Breakout Board
- Features a digital RGB rotary encoder
- Connects to the Qwiic Connect System
- Takes care of all the various interrupts, switches, PWM'ing of LEDs
- Offers an easy-to-use I2C interface
The SparkFun Qwiic Twist RGB Rotary Encoder Breakout Board is a digital RGB rotary encoder breakout that is also able to connect to the Qwiic Connect System. The Twist takes care of all the various interrupts, switches, PWM'ing of LEDs, and presents all those features over an easy-to-use I2C interface.
The Qwiic Twist was designed to get rid of the large mass of wires that are needed to implement an RGB encoder in a breadboard enabling you to stop messing around with interrupt debugging and get back to your project! Utilizing the handy Qwiic system, no soldering is required to connect it to the rest of your system. However, a 0.1"-spaced pin has been broken out in case you prefer to use a breadboard.
One rotation in the clockwise direction for the rotary encoder increases the overall count by 24 and -24 in the counter-clockwise direction. The number of 'ticks' or steps you have turned the knob are all transmitted over I2C. The red, green, and blue LEDs are all set via software commands and can be digitally mixed to achieve over 16 million colors!
- 1 x SparkFun Qwiic Twist RGB Rotary Encoder Breakout Board
- 25.4 x 30.5 mm
- Height: 0.984" (25 mm)
- Voltage: 3.3 V
- Current: Approximately 2.8 mA LEDs off, Approximately 40.6 mA with LEDs on 100%
- 24 ticks per 360° rotation
- Clockwise and counterclockwise direction is detected
- Software configurable I2C address - up to 111 devices on a single bus
- Built-in momentary button
- RGB LED controlled via PWM allowing for up to 16M colors
- Up to 400 kHz I2C communication
- Jumpers for address selection, interrupt pull up disable, and I2C pull up disable
- I2C Address: 0x3F (Jumper Open, Default), 0x3E (Jumper Closed)
- 2x Qwiic Connectors