- Hub to attach blades to your weapon motor shaft
- Blade bore sizes: 10mm, 16mm, 20mm
- Recommended blade thickness: 1.6mm-5mm
- Bore diameter: 3.175mm (0.125in)
- Can support the vertical and the FingerTech Viper Spinner Add-On
The FingerTech Blade Hub is the best way to attach a blade to a shaft. It uses a flange nut to hold the blade tightly, meaning you can use off-the-shelf sawblades without needing to drill screw holes into hardened steel! Custom blades can be made stronger by not having those same mounting screw holes.
The hub has a 6-32 threaded hole so that your horizontal spinner robot can rest on a screw head and not be pulled in different directions when the blade spins. Also useful for supporting the hub's far side in vertical spinners.
- Observe the proper spin direction (clockwise looking from the motor side)
- Use threadlock on both the nut and clamp screws
- If you can't get your 1" wrench onto the hub when installed, you will want to clamp the hub into a vice so you can tighten the blade before securing the Blade Hub to the motor shaft
As with anything related to combat robots, it is POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS to add a spinning weapon to a robot. NEVER power up the robot outside of a safety enclosure. Always use a safety lock and follow proper activation procedure. Note the spin direction (Clockwise looking from the motor side). This will keep the nut tight on hits. Reversing the direction will try to loosen the nut.