Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Kitronik Deluxe Rear Bike Light Learning Kit
- Offers an easy to build rear bike light project
- Features 4 x bright LEDs
- Compact design makes it the ideal choice
- Learn about the very popular 555 timer IC
- Two operating modes: continuous, and flashing
The Kitronik Deluxe Rear Bike Light Learning Kit is easy to build kit and is an excellent way to learn about the very popular 555 timer IC. The kit uses four ultra-bright LEDs that can be operated in two modes; constant and flashing.
A key design aim of the kit was that it should conform to all relevant British Standard measures. Both the flash rate and brightness conform to British Standards for vehicle road lighting (2005), making it ideal for use as a rear bike light.
During testing, the kit has been connected to 3 x AAA batteries and ran continuously. At 80 hours of continuous use, the LEDs were still lit at full brightness. After 107 hours, although still lit, the brightness had dropped below the level at which you would want to use them.
- 4 x Red 5 mm Water Clear LED - 30 deg - 9,500 mCd
- 1 x On-Off-On Slide Switch
- 1 x Capacitor, Electrolytic, 50 V, 1 uF
- 1 x Capacitor, Ceramic, 50 V, 10 nF
- 1 x 220K Resistor
- 2 x 1K Resistor
- 4 x 100R Resistor
- 1 x BAT41 Signal Diode
- 1 x 2N7000 N Channel FET
- 1 x IC Socket 8 Pin
- 1 x NE555 Timer IC
- 1 x (3 x AAA) Battery Holder with pre-tinned flying leads (Batteries not included)
- 1 x Deluxe Rear Bike Light PCB
- 52.6 x 37.6 x 1.6 mm (L x W x H)