Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Kitronik ZIP Color LED Halo HD for micro:bit
- Features 60 individually addressable full-color ZIP LEDs
- Breaks out P1 and P2 to a standard 0.1 footprint
- Has an onboard Real-time clock (RTC) controlled by I2C lines
- Offers a 3 x AA battery holder mounted on the rear
- Designed for micro:bit (not included)
The Kitronik ZIP Color LED Halo HD for micro:bit is the ultimate micro:bit interface. 60 full-color ZIP LEDs, Pins 1 & 2 broken out, MEMs mic, Piezo sounder, RTC & more. Incorporates 60 individually addressable full-colour ZIP LEDs.
It also breaks out P1 and P2 to a standard 0.1 footprint, it features a MEMS microphone for detection of sound, and a piezo buzzer to play sound. If that weren't enough, it also features an onboard real-time clock (RTC) controlled by I2C lines from the micro:bit. The board also has two M3 mounting holes.
Plug n Play: No tools required, not even a screwdriver, plug the micro:bit, available separately, straight into the onboard edge connector and you are good to go.
Onboard Power: The board has a 3 x AA battery holder mounted on the rear, with a power switch on the front of the board. A regulated supply is produced on the board which is fed into the 3 V and GND connections to power the connected BBC micro:bit, removing the need to power the BBC micro:bit separately. See the Datasheet for more information.
Note - Requires / not included: micro:bit, USB Type-A to Micro-B USB Noodle Cable
- 1 x ZIP Color LED Halo HD for micro:bit
- 2 x M3 Mounting holes, for secure projects
- Diameter: 87 mm
- M3 Mounting Holes Spacing (Center to Center): 68.4 mm
- Operating Voltage (Vcc): 3.5 - 5 V
- Number of ZIP LEDs: 60
- Number of external channels: 3 (1x ZIP LED, 2x IO pin, each IO channel rated +3 V at 50 mA)
- Max Current (ZIP LED running full RGB brightness): 0.9 A (15 mA per ZIP)
- MEMS Microphone Sensitivity: Typ: -42 dBV/Pa
- MEMS Microphone Signal to Noise Ratio: 59 dB
BBC micro:bit Pin Connection Information:
- MEMS Microphone: P0 (analogue input)
- P1 Breakout pin header: 1 P1, 2 - +V (Battery Voltage), 3 - GND
- P2 Breakout pin header: 1 - P2, 2 - +V (Battery Voltage), 3 - GND
- ZIP LED: P8
- Buzzer: P14
- RTC: P19 & P20 (using the I2C lines)