Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Lynxmotion Biped BRAT Kit (No Servos or Electronics) BRAT-BLK
- Biped BRAT (BotBoarduino / PS2) BRATCCU
- All mechanical parts
- 6 servo biped walker (servo not included)
- Can be modified with the Servo Erector Set
The Lynxmotion Biped BRAT Kit (No Servos or Electronics) BRAT-BLK is a 6 servo biped walker featuring three degrees of freedom (DOF) per leg. The robot can walk forward or backwards and turn in place left or right with variable speed. It can even do lots of Robo-One style acrobatic moves.
The robot is made exclusively from brushed, or black anodized aluminum servo brackets from Servo Erector Set. It also includes an electronics carrier made from ultra-tough laser-cut Lexan.
The manufacturer is providing the walker with Hitec HS-422 servos. Due to the robot's lightweight, these servos work well.
As with any walking robot, weight is a major concern. The best approach is to keep the weight to an absolute minimum. Manufacturers recommend using the 6.0 Volt Ni-MH 1600 mAh Battery Pack and the Universal Smart Charger.
Controlling the Biped
The robot is available in two basic configurations, Animatronic (tethered connection to a PC) or Autonomous (controlled by the onboard Basic Atom Pro processor). The autonomous version includes the Bot Board II and the Basic Atom Pro processor.
- 1x Lynxmotion Aluminum "L" Connector Bracket Two Pack ASB-06
- 3x Lynxmotion Aluminum Multi-Purpose Servo Bracket Two Pack ASB-04
- 1x Lynxmotion Black Aluminum Robot Feet (Pair) ARF-01
- 1x Lynxmotion SES Electronics Carrier EC-02
- 3x Lynxmotion Aluminum "C" Servo Bracket with Ball Bearings Two Pack ASB-09
- 1x Lynxmotion Black Aluminum Channel - 3" ASB-503
- 1x WH-01 Wiring Harness with Battery Connector
The following video shows the construction of the BRAT Biped in relation to the SES V1.1 Kit (Bluetooth module and XBee to serial adapter sold separately). Only complete BRAT kits include either the SSC-32 servo controller or the BotBoarduino.