Included in this bundle
- 18 X RB-Hit-29 - Hitec HS-645MG Servo Motor
- 1 X RB-Lyn-248 - Lynxmotion Phoenix 3DOF Hexapod - Black (No Servos / Electronics)
- 18 X RB-Hit-131 - Hitec Nylon Servo Horn White
- Basic phoenix 3DOF hexapod robot kit with hardware, servos and wiring
- Natural looking robot kit with 3 DOF (degree of freedom)
- Made with ultra-tough high-quality aluminum servo erector set brackets
- Kit includes 18x Hitec 645MG servos
The Lynxmotion Phoenix 3DOF Hexapod Robot Kit (No Electronics) has a more natural looking, more articulate leg and body design. The three DOF (degree of freedom) leg design means this robot can walk in any direction. The robot uses 18 Hitec HS-645 servos. The combo kit includes everything you need to build a functional robot except batteries. This is quite possibly the nicest looking commercially available hexapod out there.
Controlling the Robot
The ''no electronics'' version includes the mechanics as well as the servos, but not the microcontroller or the servo controller (SSC-32 strongly suggested). By offloading the servo pulse generation and sequence movement timing to the SSC-32 the BotBoarduino has plenty of power to do some really cool things. The Phoenix program allows the robot to walk with variable speed, in any direction (translation), or turn in place (rotation), or any combination of the two. The leg lift and ride height is adjustable as well as the gait walking speed. You can rotate the body in every axis. There are preset walking modes and gaits to choose from. All of these are accessible from the controller. The programming is already done for this robot. The control options are: PS2 remote control, Xbee / DIY RC stick radio control, and TTL serial control.
The robot is made from ultra-tough high-quality aluminum servo erector set brackets.
- 1x Phoenix Chassis Kit
- 3x Phoenix Leg Pair (no servos)
- 18x HS-645 servos for leg movement
- 6x servo extender cables
Requires (Sold separately)
- Servo controller
- Battery (6V, 2500mAh+ suggested) / charger
- PS2 controller & associated wiring
- Size (overall): 14.50''(L) x 17.00''(W) x up to 5.25''(H)
- Size (body): 7.50''(L) x 5.88''(W) x 2.00''(H)
- Weight (w/out batteries): 3lb 10oz.
- Servo motion control: Local closed loop
- Steering: Omnidirectional
- Number of legs: 6
- Degrees of freedom per leg: 3
- Motion speed: 10''/S
- Ground clearance: Up to 5.50''
Powering options compatibility
- Chargers: NiCad & Ni-MH Universal Smart Charger
- Batteries: 6.0 Volt Ni-MH 1600mAh/2800mAh Battery Pack
Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.