- Pololu TB67S249FTG Stepper Motor Driver Carrier
- Step modes: full-step, non-circular half-step, circular half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step
- Current per phase: 1.7 - 4.5 A
- Motor supply voltage: 10 V to 47 V
- Requires assembly
This Pololu TB67S249FTG Stepper Motor Driver Carrier (1.7 A continuous) is a breakout board that makes it easy to use Toshiba’s TB67S249FTG microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver, which features adjustable current limiting and seven microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step). In addition, it dynamically selects an optimal decay mode by monitoring the actual motor current, and it can automatically reduce the driving current below the full amount when the motor is lightly loaded to minimize power and heat.
The TB67S249FTG has a wide operating voltage range of 10 V to 47 V and can deliver approximately 1.7 A per phase continuously without a heat sink or forced air flow (up to 4.5 A peak). It features built-in protection against under-voltage, over-current, and over-temperature conditions; the carrier board also adds reverse-voltage protection (up to 40 V).
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Advanced Dynamic Mixed Decay (ADMD) dynamically switches between slow and fast decay modes by monitoring the state of current decay (not according to fixed timing)
- Configurable Active Gain Control (AGC) automatically reduces drive current to minimize power consumption and heat generation when maximum torque is not needed