- Pololu VClamp for RoboClaw or MCP Controllers
- Offers to connects directly to the motor power supply
- Does not contain logic to detect a voltage spike
- RoHS 3 compliant
- Maximum operating voltage: 60 V
- Note: External resistor (Not Included)
The Pololu VClamp for RoboClaw or MCP Controllers are used with switching power supplies by dissipating excess regenerative energy through a connected external resistor (not included).
The VClamp connects directly to the motor power supply and gets logic power and signals from the RoboClaw or MCP controller. The clamping voltage is set in the Basicmicro Motion Studio software, and the board can handle peak voltages and currents up to 60 V and 60 A. A status LED lets you know when the voltage is being clamped.