- Main function of Reach is to compute precise coordinates
- Can provide coordinates down to centimeters
- Driven by intel edison inside
- Opens new possibilities for orientation estimation and for fusion
The Reach RTK Kit Multi-GNSS Accurate Positioning System is a compact and affordable multi-GNSS RTK receiver with built-in IMU. It can provide coordinates down to centimeters in RTK mode. RTK mode requires a pair of receivers: one is stationary which provides corrections, another one moving which applies corrections and provides its precise coordinates. Reach runs open-source RTK engine “RTKLIB” written by Tomoji Takasu.
One of the challenges with high precision GPS is pricing. If you own one Reach, you can send corrections to unlimited number of other devices in 10km area. RTKLIB is capable of RTCM streaming and thus Reach is compatible with other RTK systems.
RTKLIB is an amazingly powerful open-source software written by Tomoji Tokasu for RTK and postprocessing. Algorithms used to determine accurate position are computationally intensive and RTKLIB was mostly used on PCs and laptops.
Intel Edison inside
For heavy number crunching, you will need something powerful. Intel Edison came just right for Reach – it has everything needed in a very small footprint. With dual core, dual threaded Intel Atom CPU and 1Gb of RAM it is incredibly fast and extensive connectivity opens many options for interfacing to target device.
Knowing precise position is not always enough, Reach packs an inertial measurement unit with 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis magnetometer. This opens new possibilities for orientation estimation and for fusion with GPS data.
- 2 x Reach module
- 2 x Tallysman multi-GNSS antenna
- 2 x USB cable
- 2 x USB-OTG cable
- 2 x DF13 6P-to-6P
- 2 x DF13 6P-to-jumper
- Raw data receiver: u-blox NEO-M8T
- Processing unit: Intel Edison dual-core
- Antenna connector: MCX
- Size: 26×45 mm
- Weight: 12gr
- WiFi, BT
- Serial (UART)
- Event and trigger pins
- GPS/QZSS L1 C/A
- GLONASS L10F
- BeiDou B1
- SBAS L1 C/A
- Galileo-ready E1B/C
- Unmanned aerial vehicle GPS replacement
- Navigation in precise agriculture
- Community driven mapping (OpenStreetMap)
- Any robotics project with precise navigation
- Research and education, RTK improvement
Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.