Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- SparkFun BMP581 Micro Pressure Sensor (Qwiic)
- High-resolution pressure sensing (1/64Pa)
- Wide pressure range of 30-125kPa
- Customizable performance with FIFO buffer
- Low power consumption and multiple modes
The SparkFun BMP581 Micro Pressure Sensor (Qwiic) is a compact, high-resolution absolute pressure sensor breakout from Bosch Sensortec. With exceptional resolution and accuracy down to 1/64Pa, the BMP581 utilizes on-chip linearization and temperature compensation to provide accurate absolute data for both pressure and temperature measurements.
This version of the BMP581 Pressure Sensor features the smallest Qwiic form-factor, measuring just 0.75 inches by 0.30 inches, making it suitable for projects with limited space. The sensor has a wide pressure-sensing range of 30 to 125 kPa and offers excellent accuracy across the sensing range (±0.5hPa max). It also supports output data rates up to 622 Hz, although tests have regularly achieved 500 Hz.
The BMP581 includes a configurable oversampling setting, a FIFO buffer for storing up to 32 pressure samples, programmable low-pass filtering, and 6 bytes of user-programmable non-volatile memory.
The Qwiic Micro Pressure Sensor communicates via I2C, utilizing the convenient Qwiic Connect System, eliminating the need for soldering when connecting it to the rest of the project. However, this micro-sized breakout does not have space for extra pins for SPI communication. For those who prefer a soldered connection or SPI, the Standard Qwiic version of this board offers those options.
The sensor features five operating modes: Normal, Forced, Continuous, Standby, and Deep Standby. Deep Standby mode consumes the least amount of current, with a typical consumption of just 1.5 µA, while peak current consumption by the sensor is 260 µA.
Please note that the term "Micro Pressure Sensor" refers only to the size of the board and not its sensing precision capabilities.
- 1x SparkFun Micro Pressure Sensor - BMP581 (Qwiic)
- 19.05 x 7.62 mm / 0.75 x 0.30 inches
- Supply Voltage Range: 1.65 - 3.6 V
- Current Draw: 260 µA - Maximum draw during measurements, 1.3 µA - at 1 Hz in Low Power Mode, 0.55 µA - Absolute minimum in Deep Standby mode
- Data Transfer Rates: I2C - 1 MHz, 6-bytes of Non-Volatile Memory
- Pressure Sensing Range: 30 - 125 kPa
- Pressure Data Resolution: 1/64 Pa
- Absolute Pressure Accuracy: ±0.5 hPa
- Temperature Sensing Range: -40 - 85 °C
- Output Data Rate: 0.125 - 240 Hz (Normal Mode)
- Max Output Data Rate: 622 Hz (Continuous Mode, 1x Oversampling)
- I2C Address: 0x47 (Default), 0x46 (Alternate)
- 1x Horizontal Qwiic Connection Port