Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- ST Robotics Workspace Sentry System Infrared Sensor Module for ST Robot Arm
- Offers 3 infra-red beams
- Lets you have very sensitive torque limits
- Connects into the emergency stop circuit
- Each module has 3 beams range from 300 to 1.000 mm
- Can be used singly or 2 or 3 modules
The ST Robotics Workspace Sentry System Infrared Sensor Module for ST Robot Arm comprises a module with a 3 infra-red beams set at approx 30-degree angles.
The beam works by sending out an infra-red pulse and timing how long it takes to get back. Because the beam is a pulse it is independent of background heat.
The module connects into the emergency stop circuit of an ST robot controller. Breaking a beam has the same effect as pressing the stop button. The modules can be used singly or 2 or 3 modules may be daisy-chained.
This is far safer than a robot that stops on impact with a human being. The robot may have very sensitive torque limits but nevertheless there has to be a collision for the limit to the trip. If the user has a hand trapped between the robot and the bench the result could be serious.
It would also be serious if the robot were carrying something hazardous like a knife or hazardous fluid or if it were carrying something very expensive. In all those cases it is much better to stop the robot before a collision occurs.
Each module has 3 beams that can be individually adjusted for range from about 300 mm to 1.000 mm. An individual beam may be switched off if it is likely to be interrupted by something that is meant to be there.
- 1 x Workspace Sentry System Infrared Sensor Module for ST Robot Arm
- Beam Range: 300 to 1.000 mm
- Used singly or 2 or 3 modules: Yes
- Beam angle: Approx 30 degree