- VL53L3CX Time-of-Flight Multi-Target Distance Sensor Carrier (300cm)
- Offers fast and accurate ranging up to 3 m
- Measures absolute distances to multiple targets
- Provides a long-distance ranging time-of-flight (TOF) sensor
- Featuring an integrated 940 nm Class 1 laser
- RoHS 3 compliant
The VL53L3CX Time-of-Flight Multi-Target Distance Sensor Carrier (300cm) is a long-distance ranging time-of-flight (TOF) sensor integrated into a compact module.
The VL53L3CX is effectively a tiny, self-contained lidar system featuring an integrated 940 nm Class 1 laser, which is invisible and eye-safe. It is a great IC, but its small, leadless, LGA package makes it difficult for the typical student or hobbyist to use. It also operates at a recommended voltage of 2.8 V, which can make interfacing difficult for microcontrollers operating at 3.3 V or 5 V. This breakout board addresses these issues, making it easier to get started using the sensor, while keeping the overall size as small as possible.